Saturday, July 5, 2014

liebster award

i was blessed to be awarded the liebster award by emily from southern expectations! thanks, girlie! you were so sweet to think of me & i am flattered to be chosen by you! 


RULES
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator has set for you, plus create 11 questions for the  people you've nominated to answer.
3. Choose 11 people (with 200 followers or less) and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!

11 facts about me:
1. i'm really organized... and kinda type-a. i believe everything has a home and should be put there when you're done with it. {hao is not quite as enthusiastic about this as i am, lol, but he tries.} 
2. i constantly listen to music. when i'm working, when i'm reading, when i get ready. 
3. i love netflix! if i'm not listening to music, i've got netflix going in the background. it's rare that i'm sitting in silence. noise keeps my brain active and my thoughts rolling, especially when i write. honestly, though, i don't watch a lot of cable TV. 
4. the older i get, the more introverted i get. 
5. i don't like noodles, which is funny since i married an asain man and he loves them. i will say they are growing on me... a little. 
6. when i was a kid, i didn't go to the toy isle. i went to the writing isle. i have a ton of pens, pencils, and markers in my house right now, even though i can't draw. studying, writing lesson plans, & figuring out business laws is so much for fun with cute pens! ps- don't steal my pens. i will get really mad! 
7. i am a horrible liar, i can't even lie to hao about his bday presents.
8. i don't like sad movies & i hate crying in front of people.
9. i love looking back over my old journals & Bible studies i've done. it's great to be reminded of what i've studied and how i've grown over time. 
10. i still have the blankie that i was wrapped in when i came home from the hospital in 1987. no, i don't sleep with it... anymore. 
11. i enjoy washing clothes & cleaning. like a lot. i always feel better when i have a clean house, which means i clean when i get stressed. {i've only thrown a place once, haha.}


my questions to answer:
1. What is your favorite part of blogging?
it's an outlet for me! i can get my thoughts out and just forget about what's going on in my "real life" for a while. i've also met some really great people through it!

2. If you could move to any country in the world, where would it be?
well, since my hubby is from china, i'd have to say either there or greece. greece is sooo gorgeous and the food, oh the food, is delicious! 

3. Favorite 'adult' beverage?
girly drinks, like strawberry daiquiris. when we were on vacay a while back, i had a drink called the fashionista & it was amazing!! 

4. Favorite hobby?
reading or watching netflix. they both help me veg-out for a little while and distract me from whatever issue i am over-thining at the moment.

5. If you could have a super power, what would it be and why?
probably the ability to make people feel good. like when i see a sad person or a person going through a tough time, i could just touch them on the shoulder & make them feel better, maybe even solve the problem for them. 

6. What does your last text message say? Who was it from?
nothing too interesting- most of the aren't. just confirming dinner plans with my mom.

7. What is your idea of a perfect date night?
a really good dinner {i love it when hao makes steaks & grills veggies}, maybe a slow walk outside, then picking out something for the house together- something when we look at it we'll say, "hey, remember the night we got that?"

8. Favorite food/foods?
carbs. i love carbs. especially rice and anything with potato. i know this is going to come and bite in the butt because my metabolism won't be this fast forever. 

9. You have just one 1 million dollars, you have 24 hours to spend it, what do you do with the money?
give it to kids who need to be fed or to help a parent to get a job. for a woman to escape a bad situation. {that went really serious...} and, if i'm honest, maybe get a cute dress or two.

10. Best 4th of July Memory?
last year my bachelorette party was over the weekend of the 4th, so that would definitely be it! 3 of my closest friends and i went shopping all day, then out to dinner, had girly drinks, and then sat on the back deck and watched fireworks over the water. it was perfection! 

11. Coffee or Tea?
both. either. it really just depends on my mood.  

my questions for my nominees to answer:
1. your guilty pleasure TV show? 
2. favorite blog to read? what about it inspires you? 
3. what is your morning routine?
4. what are two things from your bucket list?
5. best birthday you've had?
6. what outfit/clothing do you feel your best in?
7. cats or dogs? why?
8. would you rather be indoors or outdoors?
9. boxers or briefs? just kidding. to you, what's the most attractive trait in the opposite sex?
10. what's your purpose in blogging? what do you want to add to the world-wide-web?
11. when you spend time with friends, what is your favorite thing to do?

and the nominees are...


6 comments:

  1. Love the girls that you picked! Some great ones :) Loved getting to know you more Lura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura. I am honored. Where would you like me to send the answers to the questions?
    Jess
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jess! I emailed you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome!! You answer then in a post, then list 11 things about you, write 11 new questions for your nominees, and nominate 11 new bloggers! There are some directions at the beginning of my post if ya need them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got a chance to do this!! I love your answers, may be stealing your date night idea soon! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl! Thank you so much for this nomination! Seriously means the world to me! I appreciate you reading my blog and I really enjoy yours! I think we have a very similar fashion sense and seriously, you have the prettiest hair in all of blogland! :)

    ReplyDelete