Sunday, July 6, 2014

2 truths.

on my way to hear my mom speak a couple weeks ago, i heard these 2 songs in concession, and had some realizations:

1. there is hope because God's not finished with us
we may screw up & we may falter. but no matter what, as long as we are alive, God's not done with us. he will never leave us {deuteronomy 31:8}.


{"wait and see" by brandon heath}
"there is hope for me yet because God won't forget all the plans He's made for me." 


2. we are not who we were before Christ came into out hearts. we are being made new.
after you're saved, you're not the same. Christ is in you now & he is making you a new person.


{"i am new" by jason gray}
"i am no who i was, i'm being remade.  i am new."

these songs stood out to me so much because the last night had been a baaaad night. some nights are really good, and there are so many of those {though i tend not to blog about them cause i seem to learn more in the tough stuff, but they happen pretty darn often}, but some nights just stink. and that night was one of them. but these songs reminded me that i don't need to worry because God's not done with me and the person that had upset me- we will grow to be more like Christ because we have been made new in Him. it was such a perfect reminder at a perfect time. i knew i could let go of my worries because God had them all under control. i pray that the same reminded come into your hearts today! 


"I thank my God every time I remember you. 
In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy
because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 
being confident of this,
that he who began a good work in you 
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
philippians 1:3-6  

{link-ups}

No comments:

Post a Comment