Sunday, June 15, 2014

courageous

"our time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. don't be trapped by dogma. don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. and most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition." -steve jobs

when i read this to my students in assembly, i realized i need to eat my own words. {oh, how many times have i needed to do that? a lot.} there are so many negative people that overly critique you just to be jerks or because of their own insecurities. so often this year, heck, over the course of my whole life, i've let stupid people's opinion drown out my voice and, unfortunately, God's voice.

"the greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing that you will make one." -elbert hubbard

"courage is never to let your actions be influenced by your fears." -arthur koestler

whoa. life changer here. oh, goodness, i have let this happen so many times. i really struggle with being accepted and am very much a people pleaser. one of my big fears is not being accepted or making someone i care about mad. that fear has made me do many, many stupid things. sometimes not even big things, but  i act out of that fear much more often than i'd like.
i've realized i wouldn't have to act out of that fear if i would just trust Jesus & what He has to offer me. He will always love me. He will always accept me. I sure do make Him mad, i know, but He will love me no. matter. what.

35 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 8:35-39



so, i've made not one, but two printables. one with the steve job's quote & the other with Romans 8:38-39.
you can find the printable here!

you can find the printable here!

{{link-ups!}}

No comments:

Post a Comment