Wednesday, April 2, 2014

spiritual warfare, chapter 5, part 2

As previously mentioned, my small group is studying spritual warfare by reading "Lord, is it warfare?" by kay arthur. Here's my continued thoughts and interpretations on chapter 5. 

there were some scriptures in this chapter that were extremely convicting to me:

"and so, my dear brothers and sisters, i plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. let them be a living and holy sacrifice- the kind he will find acceptable. this is truly the way to worship him."
romans 12:1


how often do i do this? like really give up my body as a sacrifice, whether it be for something as trivial as what shoes to wear that day or as big as what i am going to do with my body?! 

"there will be no mercy for those who have not shown mercy to others. but if you have been merciful, god will be merciful when he judges you."
james 2:13



ohdang. this is so convicting to me. i am not really the most merciful person. i hold others {and myself} to a super-high standard. God holds us to a high standard as well, but he also forgives us when we mess up. me? nosomuch.

there were also some that just made me want to praise God:

"3 all praise to God, the father of our Lord Jesus Christ. it is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. 
4 now we live in great expectation, a priceless inheritance- an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay."
1 peter 1:3&4 



"he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. he washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the holy spirit."
titus 3:5



"therefore, since God in his mercy has given us this new way, we never give up."
2 corinthians 4:1

"19 once again you will have compassion on us. you will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean!
20 you will show us your faithfulness and unfailing love as you promised to our ancestors abraham and jacob long ago."
micah 7:19-20



what a great God we serve! he convicts us so that we will become more like him, but also forgives us when we screw up, which i never do all the time. what a perfect balance of expectation and love! 


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I think my favorite would have to be the coral!! I'm a sucker for bright pants!

    ReplyDelete