Monday, September 14, 2015

Who I Am

Nothing changes who I am in Christ. I forget that quite often. I tend to define who I am based on the people around me. If people respond positively, then I am secure. If not, I am not okay. This has caused me to be in numerous bad relationships and friendships. Anyone else?! 

Lately, I've been reading about setting boundaries and having the right mindset when interacting with people. I cannot let other people determine who I am. That's Christ's job. He died for me, so that I could have a relationship with him and define myself by His love instead of the standards of this world. I mean, just that alone is enough. But everyday in one way or another, He reminds me of this love through His Word, music, nature, etc.

When I start to look to other people for affirmation, I need to remember that He loves me no matter what I do or who does/doesn't like me. If I go out and search for that affirmation from other people, I will be disappointed and those people will be stressed. It's too much for them. Only Jesus can give us the security we as humans need.

Thank you for letting me share this with you! When I scroll back and look at this, I pray that I can look back and see how God has changed me in this area.


"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well." 
Psalm 139:14


No comments:

Post a Comment