Sunday, July 20, 2014

you were called to be brave

the other day i was watching this preview for some the new kate hudson &zach braff movie coming out soon, wish i was here. in it, zach braff says, "we've spent our entire lives wishing we could be something great. and now we're finally called upon to do something that requires some actual bravery." i'm not sure what they're being "called" by since it looks like it might be a rather out there movie in some ways, but hearing that statement answered the question i'd been asking the Lord over & over again, "why am i going through all this?" my answer: you were called to be brave.

the Lord put me through all this to teach me to have some courage. to put myself out there. to deal with conflict. to deal with my fear.
am i done being brave? absolutely not. i haven't even started. will i be rejected? absolutely. but, i've got a God who, as long as i rely on him, will take care of me and provide me with what i need.


in case you want to see it, here's the preview:

No comments:

Post a Comment