i freak out. like a lot. sometimes i loose it and sometimes i bottle it up. but as you already know, i need for things to be solved. so i let things fester until they are solved or until i freak out again because they're not solved.
i am definately learning how to control my emotions. the Lord has put me in the position to teach me how to do this. as i was dealing with some situations the other day, i noticed a notecard that i had posted on my computer with some notes from this book:
1. alarmed, i resolve to remember who i am.
2. JESUS, JESUS, JESUS!!
3. stay in the flow- my job is obedience; God's job is results.
4. shift from an attitude to gratitude.
5. my reactions determine my reach.
1. when we are put in tough situations, we need to remember who we are in christ.
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light."
1 Peter 2:9
2. inviting Jesus into the situation will make it better-we will be less stressed and will build our relationship wiht Him as we learn to rely on Him.
"i am the vine; you are the branches. whoever abides in me and i in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."
3. stay in God's flow. we can't change everything, unfortunately. we can only control ourselves. God will take care of the rest.
"When a man's ways please the Lord, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him."
4. shifting from an attitute to gratitude will change our hearts and help us be thankful for what's in our lives instead of hating it.
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. "
5. our reactions determine who we reach. if we react in a harsh way, we will not be able to reach people. if react in a loving and kind way, we will be able to reach them because they know you value them and they will be able to trust you. you know the saying: "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."